Job Title: Junior Support Analyst
Work Location: Baku
Salary: Dependent on Experience
- Full Time
- 6-month contract with potential to extend
Duties and Responsibilities:
A UK company is looking for an enthusiastic individual, able to learn quickly to troubleshoot a broad spectrum of technical issues in situ and to develop robust best-fit solutions to a wide range of support challenges. Applicant must be self-reliant and self-motivated.
- You will talk to users on a daily basis and will need to have excellent technical understanding in order to provide the best, most effective solutions.
- own and manage incidents by liaising with the development teams, tracking failures, organizing meetings where necessary and following up, post incident.
- identify and build tools and scripts in order to enable smoother day to day running of the business, enhancing and advancing technical output for the business.
Specific duties as follows:
- Operation of IT Service Delivery and Service Desk systems eg SLAs, Allocation of tickets, performance monitoring.
- Provide Microsoft Windows Server operating system support:
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Ensure Windows server availability compliance to Service Level Agreements.
- Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Maintain Anti-virus applications and updates.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software issues.
- Support to server deployments.
- Level 1/2 support of:
- VMWare Hypervisor and ESXi systems.
- Linux server maintenance
- Database Management Systems (MS SQL Server)
- Citrix, FTP, WSUS, Antivirus repository servers
- Java Web Applications/Tomcat/Apache
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- 6-month contract with potential to extend.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- English - Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers; fluency in Azerbaijani and Russian
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Only Azerbaijani citizens are eligible for this position
- University degree/Diploma in IT Systems/Engineering or related subject
- Microsoft certifications
- Networking skills (CCNA or equivalent)
- Experience in Oil & Gas IT
How to apply for this position
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please apply using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying to (Junior Support Analyst) in the Subject field of the email.