Job Title: Java Software Developer
Work Location: Baku
Salary: Dependent on Experience
- Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a result of continued success and a planned programme of strategic growth, we are seeking to recruit a Java developer to complement our existing team developing, deploying and supporting digitization solutions and real-time software systems in the oil/gas and other industries.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a keen interest in programming to gain industry experience and responsibility quickly. The role is responsible for developing software components primarily in Java as well as implementing best practices and identifying performance bottlenecks within the system. You will be bringing your own ideas to the table and contributing to the overall design.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in software and computer systems and be able to demonstrate experience with J2EE, web services and databases.
- Develop, test and implement new software programs
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Provide comprehensive support to internal customers; achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Strong Java programming skills
- Solid experience with unit and regression testing practices
- Good working experience with Linux
- Good experience of Spring framework
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration systems eg Jenkins
- Good understanding of different database types, especially Graph vs Relational, NoSQL etc. and an instinctive grasp of things like pattern matching/regex, Python and Perl
- Experience with interfacing with third-party systems, e.g. SQL databases, web services, XML, RESTful APIs and plain TCP level protocols
- Good judgement about when to use initiative to deliver results without supervision, and when to check in and make sure you're not heading off in the wrong direction
- Good self-organisation and an ability to cope with multiple shifting priorities without losing things between the cracks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Tenacity and a sense of ownership in problem solving and delivering results
- Strong interpersonal skills
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience of software development, particularly in the following areas:
- Java EE/Tomcat/Apache
- SQL and Relational databases (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Experience of the following areas:
- Spring framework.
- Continuous Integration technologies (Jenkins etc)
- Scripting (Python, VBA etc)
- REST API and Web services
- Build tools (Ansible etc.)
- Application Containerisation (Docker)
- University degree/Diploma in Computing, Maths, Physics, Engineering or related subject
Must have Unrestricted work authorization in Azerbaijan.
How to apply for this position
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please apply using the following email address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying to (Java Software Developer) in the Subject field of the email.